Monday, October 26, 2009

Testimony: Comfort for the jobless

I'm watching Living Single reruns on Youtube and some random movies online. I've been off for a week. I've gotten some things done but on Friday, my fifth day off, I did nothing. I temped for a day and a half during that week but on Friday while fasting I just watched T.V. online while in bed and T.V. in the living room. Then there was revival at church. I forced myself to renew my spirit and my thoughts about being off. It's messed up because only being away from work (a permanent position) for a week and already people are grouping me into the hopeless and jobless category.

But I have faith and proof that God can do it and will do it for me again. I had a wonderful three month position making $21/hr. Is there anything God can't do?

So I am not counting myself amongst those who have lost hope. I know I will be working again, soon.

The thing is that I don't know how to articulate my faith to my friends who are in the same position.

I am writing out right here some tips on how to not go mental while job searching.

  • Have Faith-pray to God for strength to be patient and know that your position is on the way
  • Know your worth-write out what you want and what you deserve
  • Do activities you like daily- ie. watch a show
  • Be diligent- everyday, only for an hour or so, look/apply for jobs
  • Assess- look at your progress daily, weekly and ask where do I want to be and how do I get there
  • Constantly look for new leads- stalk out the places you want to work for

I had a lot more to say when I first starting writing this but I think those points summarized what I've learned.

No comments: